Thursday, 11 August 2011

How to Uninstall Mozilla Thunderbird from Ubuntu

I had installed Mozilla Thunderbird on Ubuntu 10.10. I had configured my Gmail account and downloaded all emails from Gmail. Since my Mozilla Thunderbird Address Book is empty. I wanted to install an Add-on to Mozilla Thunderbird to sync my Gmail Address Book with Thunderbird Address Book and vice verse. I happened to install Google Contacts Add-On from Mozilla Add-Ons.

After successfully installing the Google Contacts Add-On, Mozilla Thunderbird started crashing no matter how many times I tried to launch it. The only solution I had is to Un-Install Mozilla Thunderbird.

Almost all installed Applications/programs can be uninstalled using 3 ways in Ubuntu: 
(1) Ubuntu Software Center,
(2) Synaptic Package Manager
(3) Command-line.
Synaptic Package Manager is quite similar to Windows Control Panel. Visit Synaptic Package Manager.
Use ‘Quick search’ option to search for the packages/application that you want to uninstall. Installed packages can be identified by the green boxes next to them.
To remove the package: Select the package -> Right click and select the option “Mark for Complete Removal” and follow the screen instructions.

I used the Command line option and uninstalled the package. Refer the below image to uninstall Mozilla thunderbird using Command Line.
Uninstalling package using Command line is really easier and faster unless you know the command.

No comments:

Post a Comment